This dish works really well alongside our dumplings and it's super easy to whip up by adding two of our house made sauces - Vegan XO sauce and our Chilli Oil.
Delicious either hot or cold, perfect topped with herbs and pickled chillies (or any pickled or preserved veg you have). Any noodles will work with this recipe, we've suggested knife cut noodles as the wide noodles make it easier for the sauce to cling to the noodles!
- 75g Knife Cut Noodles - one block (or any other type of noodles)
- 25g Vegan XO sauce
- 10g Chilli Oil (mix of oil & flakes)
- 15g Sweet Tamari/Soy sauce
- Topping ideas: Pickled Chillies, coriander, spring onion, crispy fried onions, toasted sesame seeds, pickled carrots or preserved veg also work well.
1. Heat a pan of water to boiling.
2. Whilst the water is heating, mix the vegan XO, chilli oil and sweet tamari together in a bowl.
3. Boil noodles for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to separate any noodles sticking together.
4. Drain noodles and mix into the sauce straight away. If serving cold rinse the noodles under cold water before mixing with the sauces.
5. Top with pickled chillies and any other herbs or sprinkles to serve.
If you'd like to add any pickled veg to this noodle dish it adds crunch, flavour and colour to the dish. Use carrots, red cabbage, sprouts or any other crunchy veg. Here's a simple recipe...
1. Cut the veg into small thin strips or shred it
2. Add a generous pinch of sugar, a slightly less generous pinch of salt and a good glug of rice wine vinegar.
3. Mix well and leave to pickle for 10-15 mins. The veg will wilt slightly but still remain crunchy.
4. This this to top your noodles or have it alongside our dumplings!